Monday, July 12, 2010

Then we ate dinner which was amazing. I also loved that it was on banana leafs which I guess are the most sanitary way to eat here. It is fun though and should be taken back to the states. During dinner we did the highs and lows for the day. Every night at dinner everyone goes around and tells thier high and low for the day. It is a great way to get to know people and remember how wonderful yet funny life can be.
After dinner we helped the kids with thier homework. They are smart kids though and so curious. One of the girls I was working with, Misbad, wanted to know everything about me and where I lived and my family plus why people didn't live on pluto, why saturn had rings, and all sorts of great questions. She then told me that she came from a family of five and one of her sister is there but only two kids per family are allowed at the school to make it more even. She told me that her mother was dead but that she had a wonderful father in the colonies. Just for those who don't know the kids are not in the colonies. They sleep at the school to help them stay healthy and get to see their parents once a month. They are so sweet though and call us megan auntie and griff uncle. My first day was wonderful and I loved every minute. I can't wait to see what the day holds for me tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment