Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweat, laughs and hugs. -Megan

Today I worked hard played hard and just enjoyed. I did construction today and it felt so good to work hard and sweat under the Indian sun for these people. We carried heavy blocks and big bowls on our heads with rocks and cement. It was great. Then I came back and talked to the amazing girls in my room. It was so fun and we got to know each other more. I just loved then and they are so sweet and fun. Then we helped with dinner cutting fruit and then went to our talent classes which was crazy again and just played with the kids. It was so fun after two days coming back and as soon as I walked onto the playground, my legs were tied with little arms hugging me and I was just swarmed with kids. I loved it as they said they missed me and then wanted to go to my class and just held onto me. It was wonderful and I really missed them as well.
At dinner we did highs and lows and then what we learned from the last couple amazing days away. It was really spiritual and wonderful to hear all the lessons learned and other people's insights. They really made me think and it was nice to reflect on all the life lessons learned here and just the reminders. I shared about the amazing love that I feel for these people. It is so weird and hard to explain cause I really do love them even though I barely know them. I couldn't tell you thier name and I have never met them and yet I love them so much. This is so new to me cause usually there are only a select few I would say I love but there it is just this love and bond that I have never felt this strong before and I love it. I also tried to explain the feelings of the last couple days but words cannot descirbe it. It is like love, charity, and peace yet fatigue, humble and just oh I can't describe it. I just wish everyone could come here and feel this amazing feeling and learn all the personal lessons taught here. It is incredible.
After dinner I went to my family where I was greeted with more hugs and kisses as all the girls cried out "butterfly" which is thier nickname for me. We read stories while the girls crowded around me and held my legs and arms; it made me almost not notice the bugs falling all over me ;) The girls were so cute and Davey wrote on the petals on my water bottle "I heart u Megan" which made my heart melt. Then I had to say goodbye which was so hard cause I just got back and now won't see them for a while and they kept saying " you back on sunday?" I hugged them and said goodbye and then Sattia and Davey stood on the balcony blowing me kisses and waving goodbye. Oh I love these kids so much. Well I better get to bed since I have to wake up tommorrow at like 3. It is late but it is my own fault for having shower singing parties and talking and snacking with the gang instead of packing. Now we are all frantically blogging and journaling before we have to get to bed. Today will be a long day as we travel to Dehli.

No comments:

Post a Comment