Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the change

Today and yesterday I have been thinking alot about two different sayings, one by ghandi, "be the change you want to see in the world." and also has megan put it earlier, Heavenly Father answering "I did. I made you." in response to a mans question to suffering. Yestrday I did Tutoring in the school which blew my mind. these kids here are being taught so much, and are rerally smart. All their books are in english so they learn Math and sciences in English. It just amazed me, but my real pondering was that we are helping to make the future leaders of India, who may be the change they want to see in the world. I realized how important it is that we be that change so that we can be HeavenlyFathers instruments in chnging the world, and in helping others to be the change they want to see. Many of the kids would surprise you with their intelligence and dreams, to do something. Some are still to young but the older ones, are alredy practicing it. Shankar wants more peace and so far I have not seen him fight, or hit anyone else. He has great patience.
today I thought even more about these things as I did construction in one of the leprosy affected colonies. By the way to say the term Leper is very derogatory so we say leprosy affected or leprosy "curse from God", and were not people in a real sense to those who were not afflicted. So now we just dont call them lepers because they are people still and not just a disease. Anyway It was amazing to see the smiles as we drove into the colony, and started working with them to build this community center! IT is amazing how far this particular colony has come. Dr. Kumar has been working with it for years, and it looks like anyother village which is rare. They are so independent now, and so happy just o be alive. Really it is amazing to me now just as it was in Mexico years ago, that these people have nothing and yet something that all of us want, and that is happiness, and yet so many int he world have so much and yet feel sorro so much and so constantly. If only we would all realize that WE were made to be Gods hands, not to sit at home and veg away on a TV finding now happiness. I have found here already that it comes really only from service, being with people and loving one another and showing that love by our actions. I have not felt sad, down, depressed, or anything since I have been here. I am just constatnly smiling, and sometimes it is wierd to justbe smiling for no reason, but here I am doing it anyway. Feels l ike my heart is changing alot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment