Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Church - Megan











So it has been crazy here and I have so been so busy that I haven't blogged in a while but luckily I have written in my journal so that helped. So Sunday we got dressed in Saris and drove for over two hours to church. We went to a small branch in the basement of some building but it was so wonderful to talk down there and hear the hymns. Most of the block was in english but was still very hard to understand. But the spirit was so strong as these sweet members bore their testimonies. The 2nd man was espically hard to understand but his was so powerful. I only caught a few words but I know that he was talking about anger and it was cute when he said that we should smile all the time cause it is hard to be angery with a smile. :) I totally agree with that though everyone should always have a smile. It was so sweet and mademe think of a conference talk about teaching simply and bringing the spirit.




The rest was also wonderful. These members are wonderful and I loved seeing that the church is the same in India. I really need that unliftment to get me through the week. Then I got back to the hostel and it was nice just to relax and email and stuff. Also in an email from John today he gave me a quote, "Buty makes us do things; love makes us do them well." I think this is so true and I would add to that cheerfully. I have been amazed that I am here doing hard work, sweating constantly from the heat and living with all sorts of bugs, showering with frogs, and washing ulcers. Normally I might complain or slack off but I find that I am willing to do anything and deal with anything because I love these people so much that I am happy to help. I hope that I can keep this attitude always cause I have learned here that even in the worst conditions you can find happiness and as Jaraj said, "be jolly."

No comments:

Post a Comment